September

 


I was in shorts with no make up just planned to go out on Sunday night
Then the text came in and said everything was stuck at the traffic light

I heard the old lady praying in her room just by saying everything would be fine soon
I closed my eyes and told myself maybe she's right
Then I opened my eyes and saw the lightening strike
Before I even closed my window
The wind just blew up my face and brought back my sorrow

I dreamed about sun everyday just by simply ignoring the rain
My old man said don't you try to run away from your own pain
I said only the sun could make everyone smile
He just replied rain could make no one hear your cry

Heard the birds were singing, the leaves were falling, that old lady was dancing
There I was, running through the door by wearing the biggest smile on my face only to find the rain was still falling

When faith and hopes are equally gone
I put the blame on my destiny for dragging me into the state of hope to be reborn
Part of me already dead
Once the rain drops danced around my neck
Am I deaf or color blind?
Cos I don't hear a thing nor see the sky

Dreams were once meant to be chased
Here I am, trying to catch the train's pace
Soon after I realized I was running after the wrong train
My tears were streaming down my face just to remind I was already insane

September is over, there I am standing
Still trying to reach the closure

******************************************


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evermore Album Review

ကျွန်မ မချစ်တတ်ခဲ့သော ယောက်ျား

ေထြးငယ္