Evermore Album Review

 

It’s a surprise Friday! Well yeah, of cos for good reason. Taylor Swift dropped another surprise album for this year. She dropped surprise album in July and it became my most favorite album of hers immediately right after I listened to the tracks. I have been listening to those songs till now. But when she suddenly announced she was going to drop another song last night, I could not breathe for a while. Cos she even claimed that it would be the sister record for Folklore, so I could expect there would be my favorite music genre and poetry song lyrics.

Well, yes! I got a chance to listen to her new album today. Even I was at office, I couldn’t help, but listen to this new album. I still cannot find the words to describe how much I loved her new songs again. I love to see her music genre grew more matured and it could relate to all of us. I could even pick up any songs of hers for any moment of my life, just like ABBA. Her previous Folklore inspired me to pursue a very quiet life in country part.

There are 15 tracks in her new album Evermore. She released the two bonus tracks on physical album but will release these two songs on digital platform later on. Yes, we can see 1989 beat, folklore inspired music genre and I love it since folklore and 1989 are my most favorite album of hers.

She is very talented musician from our generation and it would be a lie if someone says they don’t like Taylor Swift’s songs. I have one belief. If someone says they don’t like Taylor Swift’s, Ed Sheeran’s and Adele’s song, I regard that someone as a deaf. I mean it.

Since there are 15 tracks in her new album, here is my favorite picks. 

 

Both Folklore and Evermore are about storytelling and I feel like I am reading one of the great novels. I love to see her music got more matured which I can totally relate in my 30s.

Well here is my pick. I do love to recall that broken heart feeling that I had cos sometimes we need to feel it again to remember what kind of person we were before at some point of life. We may not feel the same but we need to make sure the feeling that we had at some part of our life was not fake.




 

 

1.     Champagne Problem

This is freaking good. It immediately grabbed my heart once after I listened to this song. May be because I was so much attracted to the character she made up in this track, a very free spirited woman who rejected someone’s proposal. I swear I won’t have to watch some drama on Netflix or read some novel. One song is enough to see all the scenarios in my head. It reminded me of the “Little Women” where Laurie proposed to Jo. That scene broke my heart actually. I wanted Jo to accept Laurie’s proposal. But she refused it. She had other purposes in her life to pursue and she thought it was crossed what Laurie desired. So, yeah, this song is like a whole movie. The girl didn’t say yes when the guy proposed her in front of their friends and family. But she dropped his hand while they were dancing and left him behind. Someone can even write some short story based on this song.

 

Because I dropped your hand while dancing
Left you out there standing

Crestfallen on the landing
Champagne problems
Your mom's ring in your pocket
My picture in your wallet

Your heart was glass, I dropped it
Champagne problems”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMpqCRF7TKg&list=PLmU8B4gZ41ifO00RpWcvv0vx_UEAyfx8U&index=2

 

2.     Tolerate it

This is kind of heart breaking one because one is longing to be loved and another one is not giving all the attention and affection that someone needs. Pretty bad! She kept thinking of leaving him behind to break them free. Well do it please!

 

“While you were out building other worlds, where was I?
Where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire?
I made you my temple, my mural, my sky
Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life
Drawing hearts in the byline
Always taking up too much space or time
You assume I'm fine, but what would you do if I”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukxEKY_7MOc&list=PLmU8B4gZ41ifO00RpWcvv0vx_UEAyfx8U&index=5

 

 

3.     Dorothea

Well, this is about girl who left her hometown to pursue Hollywood dream. You can find another storyline when she comes back to her hometown in “Tis The Damn Season”. Dorothea is from her sweetheart point of view who can see her on the small screen. It is really heart touching. Her sweetheart doesn’t get over her and still wishing the best and still wishing her to come back. But they are having different life as she is living with her shiny friends but he is living in countryside. And this is the first song she wrote for this album.

 

“Ooh, you'rе a queen sellin' dreams, sellin' makeup and magazines
Ooh, from you I'd buy anything”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI4DS5GmQWE&list=PLmU8B4gZ41ifO00RpWcvv0vx_UEAyfx8U&index=8

 

 

4.     Tis The Damn Deason

Let’s say, Dorothea comes back to her hometown to meet her sweetheart. This song is from her point of view. Though she is making her dream in Hollywood, she keeps thinking about him and she realizes the heart she knows she’s breaking is her own. But she won’t ask him to wait if he doesn’t ask her to stay. She comes back for a weekend and she says she can be his babe for the weekend. She well knows she left the warmest bed she’s ever known since she left for her big dream to Hollywood.

 

 

Sleep in half the day just for old times' sake
I won't ask you to wait if you don't ask me to stay
So I'll go back to L.A. and the so-called friends
Who'll write books about me, if I ever make it
And wonder about the only soul
Who can tell which smiles I'm fakin'
And the heart I know I'm breakin' is my own
To leave the warmest bed I've ever known
We could call it even
Even though I'm leavin'
And I'll be yours for the weekend
​'Tis the damn season”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvhOD-mP8M&list=PLmU8B4gZ41ifO00RpWcvv0vx_UEAyfx8U&index=4

 

 

5.     Long Story Short

This beat is similar to “The Last Great American Dynasty” and it’s a bit catchy. This is about girl who kept meeting with the wrong guy at the bad time. But after some period, after same few encounters, she met the right guy and she’s all about him now. The story line is too sweet! Love it.

 

 

“Cause I fell from the pedestal
Right down the rabbit hole
Long story short, it was a bad time
Pushed from the precipice
Clung to the nearest lips
Long story short, it was the wrong guy

[Post-Chorus]
Now I'm all about you
I'm all about you, ah
Yeah, yeah
I'm all about you”

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqQHa2HcGtM&list=PLmU8B4gZ41ifO00RpWcvv0vx_UEAyfx8U&index=12

 

 

6.     Evermore

This is the title song and the last track. It’s the another collab with Bon Iver. I was so much into Exile from Folklore. This is about pain and it’s always there and it will always be there.

 

 

“And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
Catching my death
And I couldn't be sure
I had a feeling so peculiar
That this pain would be for
Evermore”

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXLgZZE072g

 

 

 

7.     Willow

This is the lead song and first single from this album. It’s about wanting to be with someone she loves. Even the MTV is like fairytale style. It reminds me of the story from Love Story.

 

“The more that you say, the less I know
Wherever you stray, I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man
You know that my train could take you home
Anywhere else is hollow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsEZmictANA&list=PLINj2JJM1jxP3taLik1NA6CFs5L-TD7uw

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ကျွန်မ မချစ်တတ်ခဲ့သော ယောက်ျား

ထွေးငယ်