Divide Album Review


"Divide Album Review"

Ed Sheeran just dropped his brand new album and everyone is talking about it I believe. Since he released “Shape of you” as the leading single of whole album, I was very looking forward to his third album. He is one of the most talented persons and I would like to say “If you doubt in love, just listen to Ed Sheeran’s song and it will make you fall in love with the person you never met”. Well, his new album proved that. 
I think people always try to find a song which they can relate to with their story. So, I am sure we all can relate with this new album. At least, I can relate to it since each song has its own story.
 
]

 There are 16 sound tracks in the whole album and my favorite picks are as below. 
1. Happier
It's a heartbreak song and similar to "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars version. He looked at his former love happier with her new love and he wished to get her back. I am sure almost everyone who messed up with the person that they thought the one would cry when they listen to this song. Luckily I was not one of them.  It's a touching song and my favorite pick of this lyrics are

"baby you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if he breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you "

2. New Man
I feel so sorry for the guy in this song because he felt jealous of his former love's new man who looked so perfect and he felt hopeless to get her back. But he's still positive and he knows that the things between his former love and her new man are physical. So, he sent secret message to her that she's still welcome in his life because he knew that she was lonely in her new relationship.

"Baby, I'm not trying to ruin your week
But you act so differently
When you're with him I know you're lonely
Please, remember you're still free, to make the choice and leave
And don't call me up you need to show me"

3. Nancy Mulligan
Oh My Goodness! It's a jam. A real jam. I was so obsessed with this song since the first time I listened to it in the middle of the night. He mentioned that this song was about his grandparents in one of the interview. So, it's safe to say that this is a real fairy tale. I am sure all the girls out there want to be Nancy and meet with William Sheeran. This song will make you wanna learn Irish dance. You’re gonna see all the scenarios which were described in the song and you’re gonna see yourself dancing with the person you love and how you guys grow old together. You’re gonna picture all your lifetime within 3 minutes. My favorite lyrics are 

“From her snow white streak in her jet black hair
Over sixty years I've been loving her
Now we're sat by the fire, in our old armchairs
You know Nancy I adore ya

From a farm boy born near Belfast town
I never worried about the king and crown
Cause I found my heart upon the southern ground
There's no difference, I assure ya”

4. Perfect
I totally agree with Billboard review on this song. This can be your wedding song if you think “Thinking Out Loud” is played a lot by other married couples at their wedding and you want to play a new song. This can reflect your own fairy tale happy ending and I am sure you would picture yourself dancing in the dark, barefoot on the grass by listening to your favorite songs with your soulmate. Romantic! Right? My favorite picks are

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own”

5. Shape of You
Well, this is everyone’s jam and I even set up as my ringtone since I listened to this song the first time. I don’t have to say so much about this as everyone loves it. This song can inspire you to work out at gym for sure. I don’t know if you want to go to bar to find a new lover.

6. Barcelona
This will make you dance at the party or at the club or at the bar and I can even tell you will shake your ass. My favorite picks of lyrics are 

“So let's pretend we're dancing in the street
In Barcelona
Las Ramblas, I'll meet you, we'll dance around La Sagrada Familia
Drinking Sangria, mi niña, te amo mi cariño
Mamacita, rica, si tú, te adoro señorita
Los otros, viva la vida,”
I picked those as my favorite it’s not because I understand it. It’s because it’s so lovely to listen to Spanish words in this song.

7. Hearts Don’t Break Around Here
This song will make you want to lay on someone’s shoulder for sure. You’re gonna wish to meet a guy like in this song and no matter what happened in your past, you’ll get ready to fall in love again. May be you will think about spending the summertime with your old flame too. The following lyrics will prove you feel that way. 

“She is the river flowin' nowhere
And tin wind chimes used for doorbells
Fields and trees and her smell fill my lungs
Spend my summertime beside her
And the rest of the year the same
She is the flint that sparks the lighter
And the fuel that will hold the flame, oh
Roses, roses laid upon your bed spread, oh my
All this, all this I know”


8. Galway Girl
This is every girl’s dream I guess. This can be your one of the most amazing dates with the guy you met in the past or it can inspire you to wish to meet with such a guy soon. It’s good to feel when someone said he would write a song about you. Right?
“Now we've outstayed our welcome and it's closing time
I was holding her hand, her hand was holding mine
Our coats both smell of smoke, whisky and wine
As we fill up our lungs with the cold air of the night

I walked her home then she took me inside
Finish some Doritos and another bottle of wine
I swear I'm going to put you in a song that I write
About a Galway girl and a perfect night”

After listening to his whole album, I feel like I found what I have been looking for. Every song is so good and I couldn't listen to "Supermarket Flowers" because it made me so sad when I first listened to it. He wrote that song about his granny who passed away while he was working on this album. Here is the full list of Divide album. 
It's not a surprise to know that he also wrote every song with other composers. Here is the full list of Divide.

1. Eraser
2. Castle On The Hill
3. Dive
4. Shape Of You
5. Perfect
6. Galway Girl
7. Happier
8. New Man
9. Hearts Don't Break Around Here
10. What Do I Know
11. How Would You Feel
12. Supermarket Flowers
13. Barcelona
14. Bibia Be Ye Ye
15. Nancy Mulligan
16. Save Myself      






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evermore Album Review

ကျွန်မ မချစ်တတ်ခဲ့သော ယောက်ျား

ေထြးငယ္