Inspiration

Inspiration!
 Yeah, that word is so important for me and I make the decision based on that word. I didn’t know that meaning so well. I mean I knew that word and I knew the meaning but didn’t understand the meaning so well. Last three years ago, I was in depression period while I was working on thesis. Everything was not easy and I felt hopeless because most of my friends started working and some of them got the job with high paid. But me, I was sitting in my living room and wondering what was wrong. I joined one advertising company right after I finished my final exam.

The reason I joined was I needed to find one company to work on thesis. But I was not happy there and I quit after four months. I didn’t go to work for one week and I requested my mom to ask for the leaves. That was so absurd and I behaved like I was wimpy. I went to work after one week and hand over the jobs to one of my colleagues during one day. I didn’t have so many projects to handover because I only had one project to take care of. There was one Filipino girl working in that company and she was manager at that time. She was smart and she was at the same age with me. She was demanded and I didn’t like her bossy style. I saw her as so bossy but after two years I quit from that job, I understand why she was kind of bossy and demanded. She was working in advertising industry and she was handling world class brand. So, she has to take care of every single work and she needed to push everyone to get the things done. But most of the staffs would like to go back home with or without getting the things done. She worked so hard and she didn’t go back her home until 8 or 9. But local staffs don’t like her because they thought she was so rude and put the pressure on them a lot.

Anyway, I left the job and I started to lose my way. I was heading back to working on my thesis and I went to my supervisor and asked for the instruction. But there’s nothing came out. She asked me a few question about marketing because I wrote marketing mix as my thesis title. I gave the answers to her but she seemed she was not satisfied. So, I decided to read marketing again. Well, marketing is my favorite subject in my bachelor and my master year. I even explained about some cases and theories to my friends. But it’s so ironic I found that I didn’t understand marketing so well when I read it. Because I blocked my brain. I studied that subject in my college and I thought that was enough.

 When I studied in MBA, I didn’t pay any attention and pretended that I understood everything. Actually I didn’t. When I thought about it and I was ashamed of myself. So when my supervisor asked me the questions, I couldn’t give the clear answers. It’s so simple because I didn’t understand so well. That’s why I couldn’t explain simple. They say if you understand something, you can explain in simple way. See? I didn’t understand about my favorite subject. I was shocked because if I didn’t understand my favorite subject, how could I understand the other subject? That two years was waste of time? But I tried to get back to right track and I studied the subject again.

 Self study is king. I found out that it is way too better than sitting in the class and taking the notes what the lecture said. So, I could write and work on my thesis kind of well without getting any data from the company I worked before. When my thesis seemed go well, I worried about job. Since most of my friends were starting working and I was jobless. I was depressed when I thought about job because I didn’t want to sit and stay in my home everyday without doing anything meaningful.

Luckily, one of my friends called me that her company was looking for candidate with high paid. At that time, I finished my thesis completely and I was also looking for the job too. When she told me about it, me and my another friend sent our CV without hesitating anything. Thought I didn’t have enough confidence I kind of believed that I could get the job. Actually, imaging I could work with my friends in same company was really nice. I wanted that job to death. I sat interview with so many people in that company and I reached to final round. I needed to meet with their country manager. After that step, I could pass and get the job.

Well, I met with him and he asked me several questions. He seemed so nice. I thought my interview went so well. But he asked me very strange questions. He asked me where did I apply the job apart from his company. I gave the correct answers that I applied the job in telecom company. He asked me about that company. So, I told him what I googled about that company. He was listening to me and he was smiling while he was listening.

After I finished my talk, he told me that he found I didn’t have inspiration to work in his company but I had inspiration to work in that one of 500 Fortune companies. I was surprised and I didn’t even understand what did inspiration mean. He said without inspiration, I would be nothing. He said I would work for him because he asked me to do the task, but I wouldn’t put any creative or self effort in my job. I was kind of nervous because my instinct told me that he wouldn’t recruit me. I applied the job in telecom company but I knew that the salary was not good for the fresh graduate. After I came back from my interview, I regretted for what I did. I was afraid that I wouldn’t get the job and I couldn’t work together with my lovely friends.

They didn’t reply me within two weeks and I got the job offer from Telecom company as marketing manager but my initial salary was not good. But I didn’t have choice. I asked myself what I would like to do. Find another job with high salary or take this challenging position with low salary. Well, I took the job in Telecom company as the challenging position. There is no subordinate in marketing team and I was only the team member and leader. But right now, everything is different and there’s more than 40 staffs in both retail and marketing team. Well, salary was also increased and I could even say I earned more than some people who work as same position in other company. Like he said I found my inspiration here. Starting from that time, I always look for inspiration and I truly believe that everyone needs inspiration to go ahead and chase their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evermore Album Review

ကျွန်မ မချစ်တတ်ခဲ့သော ယောက်ျား

ေထြးငယ္