No.6 Collaboration Project Album Review



 I had been waiting to write the album review since its first single release; “I Don’t Care” collaborated with Justin Bieber since in May.  Before I write the album review, I would like to say that Ed Sheeran is the best musician of our generation and I am a huge big fan of his. I became his big fan since the day I heard his song “A Team” on MTV on a day of 2011. I listen to every single of his song and fall in love with the song that the story behind the song relate to mine. I am so glad that we have such kind of person like Ed Sheeran on earth who can create the music that everyone can relate to.
There are 15 songs in the album and this album is highly anticipated album of this year for me and everyone else. Second album would be Adele’s. I can’t believe that he can sing several music genres with A-list musicians in this collaboration album. He admitted that he wished to create the collaboration album with the artists who he respected in the industry and who he was crazy for when he was young.
You can feel 80s soft rock combination with folk music in Blow, Latin and Irish music mixed in South of the Border, 2000s hip hops themes in Remember the Name by collaborating with previous generation’s legendary hip hop stars; Eminem and 50 cents and other several music genres. This is the best album of the year so far. Totally 5 stars for me. It’s needless to mention that he wrote every single song with other artists. What a true legend in the music industry of our generation! I picked eleven songs to write what I think.



1.     Beautiful People – Khalid

The opening song is with Khalid and this duo sing how they try not to be trapped in the fame, glamour of celebrity life. It’s really good to be young and having the party life with bulk of high social rich and famous people. You may want to fit in well with those people who are rich and famous. You may be surrounded by those people but you still feel alone. You don’t want to talk about what you do for living, who do you know in the industry. You just want to enjoy of being who you are and feel comfortable with few people that you really know of. You just want to stay away from those dramas like sipping Champagne in the broken homes, insecurity of your physically appearance.  
I love the way they reflect what beautiful means. It’s not about what kind of car you drive, what kind of clothes you wear, what kind of people you know or how much money you make. Being beautiful means being true to yourself. Bingo! And you can ditch that whole party thing with the person you love! If you watch the MTV, you will get whole picture of this song. And it’s so freaking good to listen to while you are driving. 

“Drop top, designer clothes
Front row at fashion shows
"What d'you do?" And "Who d'you know?"
Inside the world of beautiful people
Champagne and rolled-up notes
Prenups and broken homes
Surrounded, but still alone
Let's leave the party
That’s not who we are,
We are not beautiful”


2.     South of The Border Feat Camila Cabello and Cardi B

The collaboration with the songstress Camila Cabello and Cardi B is mixed with Latin music and Irish music. I bet you will feel your butt is moving from left to right while you are listening to this song. This song is so easy to dance with. You will feel the same vibe as “Shape of You” beat. I can’t believe that Mr.Sheeran sing this sexy song. I assume he will release single for this song. During the opening of this song, he describes the beauty of his love interest, brown eyes, long hair, caramel thighs with no wedding ring and that's why he decides to hit on her. 


“So join me in this bed that I'm in
Push up on me and sweat, darling
So I’m gonna put my time in
I won't stop until the angels sing
Jump in that water, be free
Come south of the border with me
Jump in that water, be free
Come south of the border with me”

3.     Take Me Back to London Feat Stormzy

If you are away from your home town for like several months or working in other city, this song can make you think about your friends, families, memories and activities that you missed while you were away from them. If you are in different cities and busy with traveling or you are suffering home sick, this song can make you miss your home town. The intro is similar to Justin Timberlake’s Supplies.

“Jet-plane, headed up to the sky
Spread wings in the clouds, getting high
We ain't hit a rave in a while
So take me back to London
Bass high, middle nine, ceiling low
Sweat brow dripping down when in Rome
No town does it quite like my home
So take me back to London”


4.     Best Part of Me Feat YEBBA

The pure love song in the album. If you still believe in love, this one can give you the right feeling and consider as the another version of “Thinking Out Loud” or “Perfect”. I can say this one can be considered as the wedding song if you are looking for new Mr.Sheeran’s love song. 
This song can give you the feeling like you are the luckiest person on earth by being loved by someone who is totally out of your league. You may have flaws and imperfections, but you feel so grateful because you found someone who show you how to love yourself and will never let you go at any chance. Sounds lucky!

“But you love me, you love me
Why the hell you love me so
When you could have anyone else?
Yeah yeah, he loves me, he loves me
And I bet he never lets me go
And shows me how to love myself”

  
5.     I Don’t Care Feat. Justin Bieber

The leading single of this whole album and it stands at number 4 on Billboard now. Once it’s released, it became the summer song of the year. Since lots of fans know that Ed wrote JB’s hit song “Love Yourself”, most of us was hoping the new collaboration between them. They both were teasing on Instagram for this collab for like three weeks and I had been counting the day this one was out. When it was out, it met with all of our expectation. The song is about life is fulfilled when you are with the one you love. You don’t have to care about the rest cos you two are perfect in this one. Since they both are married and found someone to spend their life with, this can show their similar fact in their life.

“Cause I don't care when I'm with my baby, yeah
All the bad things disappear
And you're making me feel like maybe I am somebody
I can deal with the bad nights
When I'm with my baby, yeah
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
'Cause I don't care, as long as you just hold me near
You can take me anywhere
And you're making me feel like I'm loved by somebody
I can deal with the bad nights
When I'm with my baby, yeah”


6.     Antisocial Feat Travis Scott

If you are a person who likes to spend Friday night alone, riding solo, drinking on your own, watching the movie in your bed and thinking about life, this is the right song to listen to. You are not interested to upload the photos of your activities on social media but enjoying the night alone. You don’t want anyone to interfere the vibe between you and the night. It is a good song for introvert.


“Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me, I came to vibe, yeah
On something, on something, on something, I wanna riot
Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me, I came to vibe, yeah
Won't let nothing come in between me and the night (Straight up)


7.     Remember The Name Feat Eminem and 50 Cent

My most favorite one and I cannot describe in words how much I love this song. When I woke up on the morning of 12th July, I turned on Joox to see whether his new album there. When I saw whole album playlist, I was freaking happy and just listened to it. Guess which song I listened to first? Yes, this song. I am big fan of Eminem and I had been counting the day to listen to this song. I am even wishing to watch the MTV where three of them stare in.
It is career song that will give you energy to work harder because three of them sing about their success and life. This song brings me back to 2000s where we were still teenagers who enjoyed the hip hop songs. Ed sings that it took 8 years for him to be remembered his name and he has bigger dreams than being on the rich list. He doesn’t want to talk if the conversation about money.
Em sings how his singles gained diamond and he would never consider to quit from this industry.  What a legendary! The rhyme is so catchy and I keep rapping over and over again. 


It isn't my time to call it a day
I got rap locked and I'm already paid
But it's 'bout time you remember the name
Ayy, ayy
You know it ain't my time to call it a day
I got rap locked and I'm already paid
But it's 'bout time you remember the name"


8.     Put It All On Me – Feat –Ella Mai

He may sing how his wife complains in “I don’t want your money”, but he sings how he wishes to come home and stay beside her in this song. This is catchy and it’s a good song to listen to when you are away from your love one and waiting the day to be with them.

“I try to be strong, well, I got demons
So can I lean on you? I need a
Strong heart and a soft touch
And you know when I want love”


9.     Nothing on You Feat. Paulo Londra & Dave

Well, the two pairs stay away from their friends and they don’t want anyone to interrupt their more than one-night-stand’s romance. They going to spend the night in a room with the scent of perfume where they both are sipping Whisky on ice, smoking together and a little romance between them. There is a mixed with Latino verse and this one gives your different taste.
I bet this one is purely Friday night song for sure.

“I was rollin' up something with you
Kickin' back in the way that we do
I got everything I need in this room
Smoke clouds and a scent of perfume
And all my friends are in the club
And they keep ringing my phone
But they ain't got nothin' on you
And you ain't got nothin' on you”


10.  I Don’t Want Your Money Feat. H.E.R

He sings about his wife complains him for not being able to be at home and spend time with her at home. He is on his tour and can only have 30-minute conversation and his wife thinks he is chasing the cash. He explains how we is trying to build this life for them not for himself. But his wife wants his time and love at home cos nothing can replace a man’s love in their home.

“Here ain't no diamonds, silver or gold
They can't replace a man's love in our home
She keeps tellin' me over and over

(She say) I don't want your money baby, oh
You know I just want your time
(She say) I don't want your money baby, oh
You know I just want your time”


11.  Way to Break Your Heart Feat. Skrillex

This is about first love who breaks your heart. It even hurts to write about it. It seems like “Happier” from Divide album but different story background. He sings like even after 12 years, he stills think about his first love and he still can’t understand why two love birds were apart even they fell in love crazily.  The way to break his heart is thinking about how his first love is happy in someone's arms. You will find some similarity with Chainsmokers’ beat in this collab with Skrillex. My Favorite picks are as below.

“First love never dies
Guess I’ll see you in another life
12 years down the line
There's just one thing I remember

Her lips upon mine
So soft, feelings I don’t know the name of
Under the clothes we take off
Used to be two hearts in love

Oh, why, oh why am I alone?
Did I, did I do something wrong?
Am I the reason, oh yeah, you found someone else?
So tell me, girl”
How can I live without love?
How can I be what you want?
'Cause when the mornin' comes around
You're still gone and I'll say
How can I see through the dark?
All I can do is wonder where you are
Are you happy in someone else's arms?
Well, that's the way to break my"
 
 

The above reviews are my favorite picks from the album. The whole track lists are as below.

1.     Beautiful People Feat. Khalid
2.     South of The Border Feat. Camila Cabello and Cardi B
3.     Cross Me Feat. Chance The Rapper and PnB Rock
4.     Take Me Back to London Feat. Stormzy
5.     Best Part of Me Feat. Yebba
6.     I Don’t Care Feat. Justin Bieber
7.     Antisocial Feat. Travis Scott
8.     Remember The Name Feat. Eminem and 50 Cent
9.     Feels Feat. Yong Thug and Hus
10.  Put it All of Me Feat. Ella Mai
11.  Nothing on You Feat. Paulo Londra and Dave
12.  I Don’t Want Your Money Feat. H.E.R
13.  1000 Nights Feat. Meek Mills and A Boogie with A Hoodie
14.  Way To Break Your Heart Feat. Skrillex
15.  Blow Feat. Bruno Mars and Chris Stapleton 
                                                        *******************













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evermore Album Review

ကျွန်မ မချစ်တတ်ခဲ့သော ယောက်ျား

ေထြးငယ္